Top tips for succeeding on your Performing Arts course
As a Performing Arts student there are many things I’ve learnt along the way which I wish I had worked out the start of my degree. Here a few of my top tips to help you make the most out of your Bucks journey:
- Believe in yourself - This course requires you to put yourself out there and make creative decisions. Trust yourself in your ideas!
- Write down deadlines in a calendar - Get a calendar and write down every deadline you have. This way you can clearly see how much time you have and what to prioritise! You could use your phone for this if you wanted to.
- Don't be afraid to speak up - The course has a lot of group work, so you’ll need to put your ideas across and collaborate for a project. Don’t be scared to speak up and put your views across.
- Ask for help - If you want help with anything, don't hesitate to ask! Your lecturers will be more than happy to help you. It’s important you understand everything, so don’t hold back when asking questions.
- Challenge yourself - You’ll have many opportunities to play different characters and explore different texts. Use this time to challenge yourself as a performer and expand on your creative skills.